As a B2B company who has only recently entered the social media world (you can now find us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter), we certainly understand how difficult it can be. We’re trying to reach businesses, brands and decision makers – so the user-orientated character of social media is a hurdle that all B2B’s need to overcome.
While it’s a little harder for us than your average B2C company, it also has it advantages and it’s definitely not impossible. We wanted to share with you our experience so far – as an employment screening service entering the realm of social media!
However hesitant you may be as a small business, or as a B2B, you can certainly make social media work for you. Here are few reasons why, and a few tips how:
- Social media allows brands to become more personal. By personifying your business you are allowing your customers (whether they be other businesses or consumers) to build a more developed relationship with you.
- You are able to engage with others in your industry in a more relaxed alternative to traditional lines of communication.
- Social channels help you to show your value to potential customers. It’s a great way to offer valuable information and content to others. Once those who find it useful build an affiliation with you, they are a lot closer to becoming customers and even advocates.
- Choose the right channel for you. While it’s tempting to dip your toes into all the social network sites out there, the fact is that it’s better to excel in one or two than do poorly in many.
- Provide great content and engage with other brands. Success in social media won’t just come to you, you have to go out and get it. Answer questions, solve problems, create discussion. It’s your responsibility to get your brand name out there, the social platforms are just there to help.
- If you choose to go with Twitter, partake in Twitter chats. These are great discussions in which you can show your worth, and there are several that occur weekly regarding B2B.
- Consider advertising. Facebook advertising allows for incredible targeting, while LinkedIn ads can help you reach decision makers like no other advertising platform.
- Set out your objectives. Consider what you want to achieve by becoming active in social media – this will allow you to come up with a strategy for how you can achieve your goals, and how you will measure success.
We look forward to seeing you there!